LOST! 122 LBS

LOST! 122 LBS
Find Out How He Did It!

It Works For Women Too!

It Works For Women Too!
From obese to athlete!

The Secrets Out!

The Secrets Out!
Get It Now!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Delicious Healthy Recipes To Help You Lose Thigh Fat


Here is a recipe for a delicious healthy recipe to help you lose thigh fat, I got from my friend Nicole Chows website. http://healthychow.com I really find Nicoles site to be very helpful in coming up with new ideas to make eating healthy food fun. As an example check out her recipe for her Easy No Bake Fruit Tart. I slice of this tart is only 200 calories. Who said healthy food can't be fun? Check it out and don't forget to visit her website.



Easy No Bake Fruit Tart

For the no-bake crust:
1 1/2 cup of oatmeal (I used the quick cooking oats, not instant)
2 TBSP of smooth Barney Butter ( I used the samples from my HLS swag bag ? you can use any nut butter you see fit)
1/2 cup of unsweetened, natural applesauce
1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
2 TSP of ground flaxseeds (I used Trader Joe?s whole golden roasted flaxseeds that I ground)
few shakes of cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

For the filling (I like to call it, Lemony Coconut Ricotta Cream):
1 cup of nonfat ricotta cheese
2 TSP of organic golden honey (I used Nature?s Promise brand)
1 TBSP of organic shredded coconut ( I used Woodstock Farms brand)
1 TBSP of lemon juice
dark chocolate shavings (I used Lindt Excellence 70% cocoa bar)
16 oz. of organic strawberries, hulled and sliced thin (Trader Joe?s ? again!)

The Method
1) In a mixing bowl, mix your oatmeal, barney butter and applesauce. Once that gets well blended, add in your almond milk (Almond Breeze). You might need to add in a splash more, to loosen the mixture. Mix again. Then, add your shakes of cinnamon and pinch of sea salt.

2) Once your oatmeal mixture is well blended, spread onto a pie plate with the back of a spoon. Make sure to spread the mixture evenly, and get the sides as well. Then, add a few dashes of cinnamon to top it off.

3) Now here comes the waiting part?Place your tart ?crust? in the fridge overnight (I actually left mine in there for close to 24 hours). You want to give your tart crust time to set. The moisture from the almond milk and applesauce will soften the oatmeal, so don?t worry about having dry oats. However, as the always helpful and ever so clever, Brandi, mentioned to me, the oatmeal is going to be ?thick and chewy? and not hard and crunchy. I actually love the chewiness of the crust. It reminded me of a cross between an oatmeal cookie and a granola bar. Hello??YUM!
4) Now, it?s time to make your filling. My good friend, Laura, gave me the idea of pur?eing the ricotta in a food processor (I used a blender) to give the ricotta a creamier texture. Thanks Laura! So, in a blender or food processor, add your ricotta cheese, coconut, honey and lemon juice. Pur?e until you get a nice and creamy texture (it won?t take much). You might need to scrape down the sides and stir a little between each blend in the blender/food processor. Another tip here, my sister, Michelle (hi Michelle!), said an immersion blender would have been best in this sitch. (Thanks Michelle ? Christmas is coming up ? hint, hint)

5) Set your ricotta cream aside. Take out your tart crust from the fridge and start layering your fruit. I used strawberries, but feel free to use any fresh fruit you?d like. A combination of fresh fruit would have been great here ? I?m thinking kiwi and blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, peaches and strawberries?you catch my drift?

6) Once your fruit has been layered ever so carefully on your crust, it?s time to start spreadin? the new?. Just kidding! Start spreading your ricotta cream over your fruit layer. I left the outer edge of my strawberry layer uncovered to make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing?me thinks it worked!

7) Using a veggie peeler, start shaving some chocolate onto your tart. I only used a light dusting of chocolate ? but feel free to make the chocolate shavings as thick as you?d like. Some dark chocolate chips would be fun here, too! Or, instead of the chocolate, you could sprinkle some more of the coconut.
8 ) I?m sorry to have to say this, but you?ll want to place your tart back in the fridge for another 30 minutes or so or long enough until everything is well chilled again. Once your tart has been chilled, cut and serve!

Serves 6
I really liked how this tart came out. The fresh strawberries (which were sweet enough on their own) were a great complement to the lemony and coconutty taste of the ricotta. The texture of the chewy oatmeal crust was a pleasant twist and gave the tart an interesting depth. While this recipe got its start from the breakfast cookie, I can easily see this being eaten for dessert, a snack or perhaps even dinner (if that?s the way you like to roll). The crust is hearty and filling while the ricotta gives the recipe a kick of protein. Plus, each slice of this tart was less than 200 calories. Not bad! With this breakfast, dessert, snack or whichever you want to call it (seems like this is starting to become a trend ? hi Lauren!), you can be good and healthy even if it feels like you?re being a little tart?

1 comment:

  1. Great information - and the recipe sounds divine!! I'll have to try it one day....

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To My Feed!